Thursday, July 17, 2014

New AP US Standards

If you teach AP US History, you know there are new standards starting this fall.  If you are struggling with them, you should start with the lengthy "acorn" book put out by the College Board and then look at some of the examples of content.  There is much more emphasis on looking at different periods of time compared to other ones as well as using documents to teach the standards.  Here is one example of how one teacher will educate his students this fall.  Others are on this page. 

1 comment:

Most Dance said...

I am going to teach History in High School and you know I am confused. While I was at the University everything was changed for several times. Now I am finising my dissertation (thanks to this dissertation help service ) and it happens again again) Moreover I think that when I come to the classroom everything will be quite different. Poor our students, they have to get used to it too, and poor teachers who cannot hose the way of teaching. It seems that there is too much interfering into the process.